Brutal Legend Game reviews

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

Just to get something into this forum, some game reviews from my website, most are older....may be games you missed first time around

Brutal Legend

Platforms – Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
Developer – Double Fine
Publisher – EA
Released – October 2009

Gameplay is fun and addicting, as the land is huge. I spent many hours just exploring the land, freeing “bound serpents”, hunting wildlife, and looking for hidden items.
Enemies are normally slain with your axe in melee combat, though you can use your guitar for certain effects as well (I Liked lightning best for a ranged attack). You can also run over smaller enemies in your car.
The RTS element of the game is called a stage battle. Basiclly you build a stage and some merchandise booths, summon your troops (which are all heavy metal themed…your basic units are headbangers and razorgirls) then try to destroy the opponents stage.
In both styles of play you also have the option of “playing” a solo on your guitar (through a combination of button pushes on the controller) which has a series of effects from the mundane (summon your car) to the devestating (Cause a fiery zepplin to crash into you enemies.
Should also note that the game features over 100 heavy meatl songs from all eras that play while driving your car.
I really enjoyed this game, it is fun to play and has a great story. A definite buy!
bathori

Sponsors

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Brutal Legend Game reviews

Unread postby jango » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:36 pm

maybe just me, but I find life is too short to spend time in an imaginary place....... too much to do and see outdoors... :geek:
learn to play an instrument, go ride a bike, hike, explore the real world... just my $0.02
jango

Unread postby bathori » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:10 pm

jango wrote:maybe just me, but I find life is too short to spend time in an imaginary place

So you never watch tv or movies. I guess you don't read either. You must be a scintillating conversationalist

jango wrote:....... too much to do and see outdoors... :geek:

So you are on your computer bumping up threads that are well over a year old?

jango wrote:learn to play an instrument, go ride a bike, hike, explore the real world... just my $0.02

Can play an instrument, don't own a bike, live out of town and can hike when I want.

There are many forms of legitimate entertainment and video games just happen to be one I enjoy doing and sharing.
You seem to be under the impression that gamers are still 30 year old neckbeards who live in their mom's basement.
Sorry to let you down, but we are not.
Now you can toddle off on your bike across the muskeg, I'm going to slay a dragon, then headline Wrestlemania and maybe even do some street racing
bathori

Unread postby supergirl » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 pm

jango wrote:maybe just me, but I find life is too short to spend time in an imaginary place....... too much to do and see outdoors... :geek:
learn to play an instrument, go ride a bike, hike, explore the real world... just my $0.02

I don't think your really being fair to the poster here; people from all walks of life play video games. Basically telling them to get a life because you don't share their pastime? People from all walks of life use gaming as a form of stress relief and entertainment these days. My husband is an avid gamer; at the same time he works full time, plays guitar (albeit, he is not so very good at it lol), is an amateur artist, we've started travelling the world together, and he spends MOST of his free time with me and our baby daughter, swimming, going for family walks, playing with her and reading stories, etc.

At the same time, my 82 year old grandmother plays video games... Not XBox or Playstation, but she did learn how to use the computer and spends her evenings hunting for treasures on a Facebook game, chatting with her children and grandchildren. It drives us all nuts, because everytime we open up our Facebook account, we get the "Grandma has sent you a request", and it is usually some cute little kitty ornament or something she dug on her treasure map, but which she sent specifically to one of us because she thought we would think it cute.

Maybe I should tell Grandma to stop catching up with her family through gaming, and go for a hike? After all, there really is too much to do and see outdoors.
supergirl

Unread postby jango » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:19 am

like i said just MY 2 cents, I never said stop playing video games, how you waste your precious time in life is your business.................

oh I forgot Schoooooooollllllsssssss Out for Summmmmmmmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P hahaha
jango

Return to Entertainment