Fuji Restaurant, Sushi, Fort McMurray

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

While we are on the subject of restaurants I can say that checking out tripadvisor for recommendations is not always a good idea. I had checked out the website and most reviews were good so thought we would go there for supper. Worse meal I have had in ages. Was very disappointing.
We took the kitchen boat thinking it would be nice to have an assortment of things, everything that was deepfried tasted the same and was way overdone. Well, one place that is off my list in Fort Mc.
Maggieb

Sponsors

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Fuji Restaurant

Unread postby betsi » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Check out the Sushi place in Timberlea, eagle ridge gate and loutit, their servers do tend to forget things but the food seems to be fresh and well prepared. It is more expensive though compared to Fuji
betsi

Unread postby Maggieb » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:47 pm

I have been to the one in eagle ridge, it was very nice, a bit expensive but at least new, clean.
Maggieb

Unread postby nikster11 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 am

I think that is an unfair opinion. If you would have asked they would have told you what was included in the kitchen boat, (their servers are so friendly!) For the description of the boat it tells you everything is deep fried! Believe it or not, there is a huge popluation who do eat like this.

Karaage (唐揚げ or 空揚げ or から揚げ?) is Japanese cooking technique in which various foods — most often meat, and specifically chicken — are deep fried in oil.
Gyoza - deep fried
Tempura - deep fried
Teriyaki - fried
Harumaki (spring rolls) - deep fried

Fuji's does offer delicous, healthy and fresh food, next time order anything else off the menu and you won't be eating deep fried food! You will be pleased!!
nikster11

Unread postby quinn9000 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Fugi's is awesome!!
Tom and his family offer great service- especially by Fort Mac standards- and have tasty food at great prices.
I had the best birthday party there and go back often.
quinn9000

Re: Fuji Restaurant, Sushi, Fort McMurray

Unread postby hollis » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:19 am

Fuji is my favorite place in town. The service is always excellent even when they're extremely busy. They have a very large selection of menu items, including great stir-fries for people not interested in sushi.

They've been closed for a few weeks now. The note in the door mentions mechanical trouble. What could be taking so long??

Another very good place in the new Mazaj on Franklin. The decor is not the best, but the food is excellent.
hollis

Unread postby Maggieb » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:39 am

nikster11 wrote:I think that is an unfair opinion. If you would have asked they would have told you what was included in the kitchen boat, (their servers are so friendly!) For the description of the boat it tells you everything is deep fried! Believe it or not, there is a huge popluation who do eat like this.

Fuji's does offer delicous, healthy and fresh food, next time order anything else off the menu and you won't be eating deep fried food! You will be pleased!!

I knew it was deep fried, I like deep fried food, but it was all over fried, and tasted horrible, and it really isn't an unfair opinion, it is my opinion of the food I ate.
Maggieb

Unread postby billmcgee » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Fuji is okay, but if you're looking for quality, it's better to go to Spring Moon. Spring Moon's portions are smaller, but I prefer quality over quantity.

Spring Moon definitely is more authentic than Fuji. Fuji is more.. Chinese-style Japanese food. I'm not sure of the nationality of the people who run Spring Moon (or their chef) but they definitely try to reach for the high levels of standards the Japanese have when it comes to food.
billmcgee

Unread postby palmseed » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Ity seems to me that I spent a small fortune when my wife ordered take out from Spring Moon. I must say that if you crave salt, there soy sauce will provide it. It's saltier than salt.
palmseed

Return to Entertainment