Greek Restaurant, Downtown Fort McMurray, Franklin & Hardin

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

Re: Greek Restaurant, Downtown Fort McMurray, Franklin & Hardin

I have read all the posts regarding this resataurant in Fort McMurray and I am not surprised about the majority of negative comments. This is the restaurant that my husband did all the carpentry work including the u-shaped bar and numerous other wood work. My husband was in Ft. McMurrary for five straight weeks last year (from March 17, 2012 to April 20, 2012), working 7 days a week and anywhere from 10 to 14 hours per day. To this day (April 4, 2013) he still has not received any money for his work (except for $1000.00). The owner of this restaurant owes my husband over $12,000.00. We have taken him to small claims court and a judgment was granted in my husbands favor. My husband & I are in our sixties and we are rasing two of our grandsons, one who is in hockey. We have suffered a great deal of hardship and stress in the past year and a lot of financail stress. My husband took this job to make extra money and now we will be lucky if we see any of it. When we met him he knew of our situation and we told he would have no problem in paying us. Again, WE HAVE SUFFERED A LOT OF HARDSHIP AND FINANCIAL STRESS IN THE PAST YEAR. I personally am on anti depressents because of this situation. HOW DOES A MAN LIKE THIS SLEEP AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
freespirit

Sponsors

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Unread postby jango » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:03 pm

good to know , i won't be spending my hard earned $$$ on overpriced slouvaki
jango

Unread postby freespirit » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

I hope more people in Fort McMurray read these reviews. I hae just heard that the owner of HooDoos Bar & grill is being evicted for non-paymnet of rent, etc. I have proof of some of his other business transactions that he has not followed thru on. Once again I am not holding my breath for any payment from this individual. As I said before he has caused much grief, stress and hardship in not paying my husband for his work. (Over $12000.00 is owed). As of now I am not sure how we are going to survive or continue to keep up with our rent and bills. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
freespirit

Unread postby jango » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:14 am

^^ see if you can take over the restaurant spot, start a REAL Mediterranean / Italian food joint/ jamaican or caribbean style food , I'll be your first customer.
jango

Unread postby freespirit » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

As I said in my previous posts we have no money and if we did it would be nice to take over this bar & grill. Even if we ever received any of the monies owed us it still wouldn't be enought to take over this bar & grill. If we ever receive any monies from this individual it would proabably only be enough to may be cover our bills, etc. It's a sad world when you trust somebody and do the work and don't get paid. We only found out recently what type of indiviual this is and all the people he owes money to. My tern ofr this person, is: He could sell ice to the Eskimos and fire to the Devil. I don't how anyone could be so evil as to get a bar & grill and not pay any of his bills. We are just struggling to get by and sometimes have to rob Peter to pay Paul. I really hope that this individual never hurts anyone again. I wish there was a black list we could put him on.
freespirit

Unread postby KindredSpirit » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:56 pm

I read a review about this resturaunt in YMM magazine. Apparently the service was bad (he was served still-frozen food and nobody ever came around to check how the food was, so he had to leave without finishing a meal and still felt like he was overcharged).

From what I've heard about the place, I won't be going there anytime soon.
KindredSpirit

Unread postby The Yeti » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:43 am

freespirit, I'm sorry to hear about the ordeal you are going through to get your husbands hard earned coin. It's amazing how people like this sleep at night. I really hope this works out for you as I have no way to help.

A friend of mine ate there and had almost the exact same experience as the ymm magazine. Between freespirit's experience with that criminal, and the bad reviews I'll never set foot in there.

Good luck.
The Yeti

Unread postby freespirit » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Thank You for your reply. And yes I don't how anyone like that can sleep at night. I have contacted the local Fort McMurry paper and have spoken to a reporter about our dilemma and he said he would get back back to me this week, so maybe if a story appears in the paper we might get some satifaction. Also, if anyone else reads these posts, we may possibly be looking for a lawyer who may be help us to sue this this person for hardship and stress for the past year. We unfortunately do have any money and we would have to a lawyer who take this case on a contingency basis; so if any one knows of lawyer who might be able to do this they can contact us at: freespirit4@shaw.ca.
freespirit

Previous

Return to Entertainment