Greek Restaurant, Downtown Fort McMurray, Franklin & Hardin

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

Greek Restaurant, Downtown Fort McMurray, Franklin & Hardin

I was in downtown today, beside Mix 103.7 there seems to be a new Greek place. They do take out and delivery.
Bar & Grill Hoodoo's Greek Taverna
Phone: 587 725 1116
fort mcmurray Greek Restaurant.jpg
Greek Restaurant
fort mcmurray Greek Restaurant.jpg (21.45 KiB) Viewed 3344 times

Anybody tried it yet?
Get your latest Fort McMurray News
mcmurrian
Site Admin

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Greek Restaurant, Downtown Fort McMurray, Franklin & Har

Unread postby bathori » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:52 am

I haven`t tried the food yet, but I`m a little suspect... on their website, everything is spelled wrong, including the word `Greek`(Greak). They are a `Greek Restaurant... serving fish and chips, curry, hamburgers, etc. And to top it off, apparently their supper prices are out to lunch (around $26 for lasagna??)
bathori

Unread postby mcmurrian » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Can you post the url to their website
mcmurrian
Site Admin

Unread postby bathori » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:20 pm

bathori

Unread postby mcmurrian » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:56 pm

bathori wrote:No problem:
greek2me.ca

They've copied my picture, which I took with my cellphone, and used it on their website :shock: How lazy do you need to be to not take a good picture of your own business?

Their menu seems to be about $7-10 bucks overpriced, especially for such type of place.
mcmurrian
Site Admin

Unread postby supergirl » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:26 pm

So I tried looking up Hoodoos website on Google, and stumbled upon a review for the place. Haven't been there yet myself, but the review makes it seem good (especially as a lover of Greek food!). I'm pretty much 100% sure it wasn't made by someone who works or owns the place judging by the site they officially have up haha. And really, are the prices that high? for 2 people to go to Mrs B's its usually a $50 bill, and anything you eat there can be made at home in 20 minutes. (not saying we dont go there, because we definetly do).

mcmurrian wrote:
They've copied my picture, which I took with my cellphone, and used it on their website :shock: How lazy do you need to be to not take a good picture of your own business?

Their menu seems to be about $7-10 bucks overpriced, especially for such type of place.

No excuse for using your picture though. Perhaps you should approach them about some free grub!
supergirl

Re: Greek Restaurant, Downtown Fort McMurray, Franklin & Hardin

Unread postby hollis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:16 pm

I've been there and found the prices a little high, but the food is very good. They're still getting organized so a few of their menu items were not available. I hope they got the AC fixed. It wasn't working when we had 30 degree days.
hollis

Unread postby ibunyuk » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:26 pm

The food itself is very good, the service is terrible. Been there twice, hoping the first time service was just growing pains...it was even worse. I like the food, but can't spend three hours on dinner in a nearly empty restaurant. This place could be a great fort mac restaurant, but if the service stays like this, it will be closed before hardly any of the city has even tried it.
ibunyuk

Unread postby Trixxstrr » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:25 pm

I found this review on Urbanspoon.com that was obviously written by themselves, haha. 2 friends recommended it to them right after it opened? They make sure to list items from the menu and make sure to repeat the full restaurant name, haha.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/72/1692107/ ... t-McMurray

Amazing Food!
by Larry Gardner (1 review)
We had a birthday party. We did not know where to go. Two friends of mine recommended Hoodoo's Bar & Grill. It was an experience of a lifetime. I never thought that food will be so good in Fort McMurray, Alberta. We started with huge saganaki followed dalmathes, lightly battered calamari, greek meat balls and huge spanako pita and many other items. I can't remember everything, but food was tasty and cooked well. I highly recommend my friends and others to visit Hoodoos Bar & Grill.
Trixxstrr

Unread postby mcmurrian » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm

These fake reviews are so easy to spot, at least they didn't come to this forum astroturfing like the folks from Noral Toyota...

Also charging 25 bucks for Souvlaki is ridiculous, they should be charging 15 tops.
mcmurrian
Site Admin

Next

Return to Entertainment