New Steakhouse in Fort McMurray Original Joe's?

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

Re: New Steakhouse in Fort McMurray Original Joe's?

It the one in Timberlea going to be in the new plaza by Petro-Canada?
girlygirl

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Unread postby Kenny Powers » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:19 am

Not too sure, but, I can surely find out.
Kenny Powers

Unread postby Kenny Powers » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 am

Will be a upscale version of Original Joe's, same owners, called State and Main. Will be going in the same area where Brewster's is going or not far from.
Kenny Powers

Unread postby newfiechick17 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:00 pm

The place going up in timberlea is called The Canadian Brewhouse. Swiss Chalet is also going there
newfiechick17

Unread postby The Yeti » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 am

Original Joe's is now open. I think it opened up this weekend, I was wondering why the Save on Foods parking lot was so packed.

Also, REALLY looking forward to the Wood Buffalo Brewing Company opening it's doors in December. It'll likely be the best pub food in town, and with beer brewed on location how can you go wrong? The guys running it were involved in running the Jasper Brewing company and another in Banff. The Jasper Brewing Company has the best pub food I've ever eaten, and their beer is fantastic. If that pub is anything to go by, we'll have something pretty specal right here in town.
The Yeti

Unread postby newfiechick17 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:09 pm

I heard that the opening of the Wood Buffalo Brewing Co. is going to be delayed because they are still trying to perfect the flavor of the beer.
newfiechick17

Unread postby The Yeti » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:47 pm

I can understand that. These guys are all about flavour and have a passion for brewing and food. That's why I'm excited for them to open. I also heard there was issues getting their first shipment of malt, which is why they are running a little behind schedule. Either way, it'll be worth the wait!!
The Yeti

Unread postby supergirl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 pm

So does anyone know yet what that is going in the SaveOn parking lot, by the new Original Joe's? We speculated that it was a Starbucks, but haven't heard much about it since then!
supergirl

Unread postby Tropics » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Kenny Powers wrote:Will be a upscale version of Original Joe's, same owners, called State and Main. Will be going in the same area where Brewster's is going or not far from.

Say which/what now? Fort McMurray is getting a Brewsters? This is awesome news. An upscale version of Original Joe's is also cool, OJ is my favorite of the higher end casual places to eat and drink, their fish tacos are awesome and when I lived in Calgary I tended to eat there about once a week. Hope these get built quickly, dining options up in Timberlea and Thickwood are pretty sparse atm I am finding and driving down the hill and across the bridge to get to downtown to eat is not really much of an option.
Tropics

Unread postby newfiechick17 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Brewsters is not whats coming. Its called Canadian Brewhouse. There is also mcdonalds, swiss chalet, extreme pita, marble slab, and some other olaces coming. Not sure about state and main though..never read that on the list I saw.
newfiechick17

Previous

Return to Entertainment