Original Joe's Review

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

Original Joe's Review

We went to Original Joe's over the weekend, it was nice to visit a new restaurant in Fort Mac. I wish they would build a bigger place though, it was packed and the wait was about 30 minutes.
I liked their own draught beer and the fish tacos were great. (Thanks Tropics for the suggestion).
It's also the first time I've seen milk and cookies as a desert item on the menu :)
I'll drop by again once the lineups become smaller.
betsi

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Original Joe's Review

Unread postby newfiechick17 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:01 am

I went with my family the night after it opened and we must have gotten lucky cause we were seated within 5 minutes of walking through the door. We also found that the service was really fast and the food was great. Cant wait to go there again.
newfiechick17

Unread postby Tropics » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Nice to hear the fish tacos did not dissapoint, I was hoping the quality would be up there with the other OJ locations I have been to. Wish it was up here in Timberlea or Thickwood though, downtown with its busy nature, parking issues, and the traffic going north make me avoid it at all costs.
Tropics

Unread postby The Yeti » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:37 pm

I went last week for lunch. We must have had great timing as we didn't have to wait, but a few minutes later there was a line. I also had the fish tacos and they were very good. The service was also very good, and the server told us her favourites, and items that she and others didnt like. I appreciated that kind of input. She also brought us water along with our coffee, even though we didnt order the water. Those kind of things make it feel like you are being paid attention to.

I was pretty happy with the service, and the fish tacos were delicious. Ill definitely go back!
The Yeti

Unread postby Maggieb » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Have been to Original Joe's twice now. First time we got lucky, got a table right away. Second time she said itwas a 20 min wait but told us we could sit at the bar and wait, ended up ordering at the bar and staying there, Both times we enjoyed our meals very much. Had the fish tacos, very good, hubby had the saigon sandwich,, very good, then last time we had yam fries, good, andhubby had a burger, said it was great. Friendly and fast service.
Maggieb

Unread postby jango » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 am

The food is great and price is great as well, my only issue is why do they not have takeout on fridays/ sat/ sunday?
the lines are long and you have to wait for a seat at least 20 minutes, So ordering and waiting for takeout would be a great addition
every order brings in money to a restaurant, so why turn away customers who can't get a seat?
jango

Unread postby newfiechick17 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:55 am

I've never had a problem getting a take out order on a Friday night when they are packed. I've done it a few times now while shopping downtown and wanted something to take home.
newfiechick17

Unread postby jango » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:35 am

^^ well that's weird, I tired on a saturday at 1pm and the manager on duty told me he was making an exception, and then called the front attendant and told her not to accept any more take out requests.. maybe it was just me :/
jango

Return to Entertainment