Sweet Basil

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

Sweet Basil

Ate there the other day. There is no Thai on the menu. There was Vietnamese. It was solid. Not the best nor the worst I've had, fairly average, which isn't bad in general and is great for FM. We've spent a decade in Asia and nearly a year travelling through SEA so are pretty particular. The prices were high. The Com Tam wasn't too bad but the Pho was high even with the FM mark up. They were big portions though. It's in Gregoire in the old Islander spot.
Yossarian

Sweet Basil

Sponsors

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Sweet Basil

Unread postby Tropics » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:14 am

Vietnamese in Fort McMurray?

It is about freaking time!!!
Tropics

Unread postby Shauna » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:33 am

I ate there last night and loved it! So good to finally have Vietnamese in Fort McMurray - I've been waiting for it for 4 years. As for the prices, I found them the same as what they are in Calgary and Edmonton - definitely not complaining there!
Shauna

Unread postby Yossarian » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm not sure where you are getting your Pho down south but you are overpaying at $15 a bowl. An order of Com Tam, Pho and spring rolls usually cost me about $24 down south. Here I paid $30 for just the Pho and Com Tam. Not complaining it's finally here but it makes me miss the 50 cent each prices in Vietnam.
Yossarian

Return to Entertainment