A Taste of the Orient Restaurant, downtown

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

A Taste of the Orient Restaurant, downtown

Firstly we have been up here since 1996 and have almost eaten at every restaurant that has or is operating. Lately we have been enjoying the recently renovated "A Taste of the Orient" restaurant for the last 3 months :D . Its the best Chinese Food that we have had in Fort McMurray, rivals the Chinese take out that used to be available from the OilCan back in the day.

The sauces are not too salty, not sure if they are MSG free, vegetables are not soft or mushy. Really good sized portions. We usually order 5 to 6 items and the cost is around $65 to $75. We have always eaten in or just picked up our order so never had delivery, can't speak to speed or cost.

Better quality than the Islander and the Hong Kong Eatery. Personally, I can't stand Wok Box or Blue Diamond, would rather have McDonald's
Blueman186

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: A Taste of the Orient Restaurant, downtown

Unread postby jango » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:46 am

where is this place located?
jango

Unread postby The Yeti » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:28 am

It's across Reidel street from the Kozy corner, in the same building as the mazaj restaurant and the import store.

I agree with Blueman, it's pretty good Chinese take out. I like it a lot more than the blue diamond too. We haven't had a bad meal there and have ordered from them a bunch.
The Yeti

Unread postby scouzer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:12 am

We tried this place the other day. Food was good for McMurray standards (average for anywhere else) and the prices were pretty standard. Expect true Chinese food customer service though: Very poor English and not very friendly! Definitely authentic!
scouzer

Return to Entertainment