The Curry Pot, Fort McMurray Reviews

Forum about things do in Fort McMurray like restaurants, bars, movies, books, games, or other places to hang out.

The Curry Pot, Fort McMurray Reviews

So, people who got to try some curry in McMurray, how do you find the Curry Pot?
I'd like to hear some reviews for curry pot.
betsi

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: The Curry Pot, Fort McMurray

Unread postby justsomeguy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:50 pm

My Curry Pot review
I went on Saturday.

butter chicken was good.
chana masala was really good
curry chicken was average
beef samosa was really good
bread was really good

overall happy if a bit pricey but this is Fort McMurray
justsomeguy

Re: Curry Pot, Indian food, Timberlea, Fort McMurray

Unread postby pigeon13 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:04 pm

The Curry Pot has average to below average Indian food at extremely high Fort Mac prices. A single dish will run you about 22$ as everything is an add-on (which they won't tell you on the phone) pretty big money for take-out. I've tried it once and I won't be trying it again. A big thumbs down to The Curry Pot: another Ft. McMurray flop.
pigeon13

Re: The Curry Pot, Fort McMurray Reviews

Unread postby Maggieb » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:16 am

Finally made it to the Curry Pot tonight.

Ordered the Chicken Curry, average
Beef and Potato Curry, average
Jasmine Rice,, it's rice :)
Bombay Potatoes, average

I have made better Indian food than this, and I went regularly to an Indian Restaurant lunch buffet before moving here and it was not even comparable.

Cost 45 dollars, will not be going again.
Maggieb

Unread postby Kittypie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:21 pm

After waiting about a year with baited breath for this place to open, tried it on opening day- pretty disappointing. It wasn't awful, just very average and uninspired. Also, way too expensive for what it is; I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with those prices!
Kittypie

Unread postby fiyar » Mon May 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Tried it a while back. Average to poor food. I lived in Vancouver and had a lot of east indian friends who cooked 100x better than what CurryPot serves. To top it off, their prices are way above what I would of thought it would be even for Fort McMurray. Won't be visiting it again.
fiyar

Unread postby Chickpea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Yummy, however a bit expensive. Would like to see more sauces. For example I don't know what it is called but there is a green coloured sauce to dip the naan in, wish they had that one. I'll go back because I love curry but don't cook it myself.
Chickpea

Unread postby newtotown » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi all, my user name gives it all away....I'm new to McMurray (from Calgary) and was craving curry so I did a search and found this site. After reading some of the reviews I was sad and apprehensive about trying out the curry pot (sad because I live walking distance from there!). However my craving took over and I went for it. The first thing I noticed was the pricing....it did seem steep given what I paid for great curry in Kensington, but after paying what I thought was way too much for sub standard food and service at Earls (which really pissed me off) I tried anyway. The young person behind the counter was awesome about letting me try the different currys (I lied and said I'd never had curry before so I could try it BEFORE I spent my hard earned cash) and I have to say it was all really good. I had the chicken curry meal and my girlfriend had the butter chicken meal. We went for the "upgrade" to saffron rice and garlic naan after the kid explained the options to us. Even splurged and had the veg somosas (LOVED THEM!). I was a bit taken aback by the total and would have felt a bit over charged until we got home. Holy crap was I full...and I didn't even eat it all....I LOVED that it came in a re-usable container that a lazy bugger like me can just toss in the microwave....nice touch curry pot! Even better that my girlfriend was so full I had hers for lunch the next day too! I was, and still am, trying to get used to the "mcmurray factor" but I have to say thanks to the people that took a risk and opened this place so I could have curry lol. I've heard horror stories about the cost of doing business in McMurray so I can't imagine what these people pay in rent/wages etc (I know what we pay the people I supervise and its crazy!). Anyway sorry for the ramble...for what its worth I really enjoyed my meal and will be treating myself as often as I can. Just hope they do delivery soon because I've heard winter here is brutal and I don't want to walk lol.
newtotown

Unread postby jango » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:33 pm

well you covered almost everything to justify the cost,
and btw, i think the winters here are overrated , i love the winters out here......... :geek:
jango

Unread postby newtotown » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 am

I have to admit I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to the cold but the last few years in Calgary have hopefully prepared me somewhat....I think we switched winters with McMurray the last few!
newtotown

Next

Return to Entertainment