Canada day events?

What's new and exciting happening in Fort Mcmurray Forum

Canada day events?

just wish they would release the lineups for the live entertainment, thats planned,
seems there is not going to be any big events at mc island for the next 2 years anyway with all the construction

this is all i could find,
http://ymmcanadaday.com/

EWB should take a look at the massive Bayfest thats held in Sarnia every year and see what that does for locals in that small town,
jango

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Canada day events?

Unread postby Chickpea » Wed May 29, 2013 6:12 am

Yup it is just about a month away and still the music fest portion is not announced.

I hate the last minute planning that happens in this city. Why does everything need to run the same way as site? Is poor planning contagious?
Is it the events bylaw that is holding things up? If that is the case someone needs to have a sense of urgency. If you don't tell us what is offered for Canada Day entertainment then most of us will head down the highway making FM into the usual long weekend ghost-town.
Chickpea

Unread postby Chickpea » Thu May 30, 2013 12:07 pm

Simple Plan will play the first night; tickets are $65 and go on sale tomorrow.

After the concert there will be fireworks over the Snye.

July 1st will be a day of free events with a parade, afternoon performances, a teddy bear picnic and track-and-field -style games.

At night performers include The Carly Rivers Band, Mackenzie Walas, Daniel A. Gillies School of Rock, The Shantelle Davidson Band, Canadian Idol runner-up JayDee Bixby and the Led Zeppelin Show, a Zeppelin Tribute Band.

The events will all take place at the Clearwater School field on Hardin Street because of the expansion at Shell Place at MacDonald Island Park.

Wood Buffalo Brewing Co. will supply the food and drink.
Chickpea

Unread postby jango » Thu May 30, 2013 1:43 pm

nice, the tribute band will sure be worth checking out! the Aerosmith tribute bands last year at the Interplay festival was off the hook!,
looks like I'll be chilling,

when the levee breaks...mamma you go to move!!!!!!!! wooo hooooooooooooo
jango

Unread postby jango » Fri May 31, 2013 8:45 am

Chickpea wrote:Yup it is just about a month away and still the music fest portion is not announced.

I hate the last minute planning that happens in this city. Why does everything need to run the same way as site? Is poor planning contagious?
Is it the events bylaw that is holding things up? If that is the case someone needs to have a sense of urgency. If you don't tell us what is offered for Canada Day entertainment then most of us will head down the highway making FM into the usual long weekend ghost-town.

you were right, , I totally forgot I already made plans, to head south, oh well i'll be missing the Led zep cover band

I am sure I'm not the only one, would have been great if they had released this much earlier
jango

Return to Fort McMurray Events