Northern Warrior Race!

What's new and exciting happening in Fort Mcmurray Forum

Northern Warrior Race!

Saturday, August 11 at 10:00am, the Centre of Hope is holding the 'northern warrior race'. It's similar to those 'Warrior Dash' or 'Spartan Race' that are popping up at every major city around North America. Registration is $60 and all proceeds go to support a good local foundation. There are rope structures, a 'swamp of doom', a 'hill of hurt', and other obstacles. Live musicians will be performing to encourage the competitors. The length of the course is 3k, and is set up to be a tough challenge.

If you are interested in registering, you can do it in advance online at http://fmcentreofhope.com/2012/03/19/no ... rior-race/ or in peson at the centre of hope and at the event.

If you are interested in watching a bunch of crazy people (I'll be one of them) tackle a gruelling, muddy obstacle course, the heats are at 10am and 10:30. If you are watching it should be pretty entertaining. There is a BBQ afterwards as well.
The Yeti

Northern Warrior Race!

Sponsors

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Northern Warrior Race!

Unread postby girlygirl » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Where will the actual event take place?
girlygirl

Unread postby jango » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:35 am

how come i am only hearing about this NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
more info ASAP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: '
I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!

*sneaks out back door to avoid wife* :twisted:
*goes to check insurance policy* :mrgreen:
jango

Unread postby The Yeti » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:47 am

I believe it is being held at the snye, at the end of Hardin street.
The Yeti

Return to Fort McMurray Events