Annette Antoniak Taking Over CAO Position Permanently

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Annette Antoniak Taking Over CAO Position Permanently

Annette Antoniak is taking away the word interim from her title as she is now the region’s permanent Chief Administrative Officer.

Mayor and council unanimously voted in favor of keeping Antoniak around at their first meeting since October’s municipal election on Tuesday.

She was first given the role on an interim basis back in December 2016, replacing Marcel Ulliac who was set to retire.

“I feel really grounded here, bonded really well with the staff, there’s just a lot that still needs to be done so I don’t feel like I’m finished yet,” said Antoniak.

Before she took the position, she was was the Chief Executive Officer of the Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo – a job she says she will deeply miss.

“I leave the RRC with a heavy heart because I loved my position there and I also loved the staff there but I think I have a lot of work and a lot to bring to the municipality.”

Many of the councillors, including Mike Allen, praised her work along with the rest of administration, over the past 11 months.

This included addressing issues like Bill 21, Bill 8, and fly-in-fly out.

Allen went as far as acknowledging the fact the region is looking at a surplus in the budget despite the economic state of the region.

During the meeting, administration gave council a quarterly update on the regions financial state – highlight a surplus of $31.3 million.

Operating revenue increased by $6 million while operating expenses decreased by $25.3 million.

From the projected $31 million, $7.2 will go towards helping offset the 2016 deficit.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News