Arianna Johnson Named Fort McMurray SPCA’s New Executive Director

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Arianna Johnson Named Fort McMurray SPCA’s New Executive Director

It looks like the Fort McMurray SPCA has finally found its new Executive Director.

Arianna Johnson, current Executive Director at the Wood Buffalo Food Bank has announced Tuesday, that she’s taking her talents to the local animal care organization.

Following seven years with the food bank, she tells Fort McMurray News it wasn’t an easy decision – but she believes the team has been built and is ready for new leadership.

“It’s been my heart and soul through that whole time,” Johnson said. “But I am also excited to have some new experiences, broaden my skill sets and bring my skills to another agency and just continue to have a positive impact on our community.”

When she began at the food bank, it was an organization with three employees and a small annual budget.

Johnson was able to turn it into a fiscally sustainable full-service organization with 12 staff who focus on food security in a holistic nature, nutrition, education and helping families be self-sufficient.

Johnson says now that she’s leading the FMSPCA – there’s one thing she’s looking forward to.

“The puppies, of course,” Johnson laughed. “You know, I am not an animal welfare expert by any means, but I think it’s my job to free up the staff who are to be able to focus on that and do their jobs well. So, to make sure there’s the adequate resources, information and awareness in the community for them to do their jobs.”

Johnson will continue her role with the food bank until July 13, as they search for a new Executive Director.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News