Former Mayor Blake Named to Council of the Alberta Order of Excellence

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Former Mayor Blake Named to Council of the Alberta Order of Excellence

The former mayor of the RMWB is now a member of the Council of the Alberta Order of Excellence.

Melissa Blake will now help recognize up to 10 individuals for their lifetime of contributions to their community, the province and the nation.

She tells Fort McMurray News she had to submit a lengthy application to be apart of the selection committee and found out she was chosen at the end of last year.

“I was quite delighted to have them actually take in consideration that application and I like to have a hand in helping create these nominees.”

Over the next coupe of months, the seven members of the council will look to honour the people who’ve “touched lives and make differences.”

“I did have the ability to interface right across the north will other mayors and their community’s and I know there are some truly great people out here that really fall into the shadows, quite often you see great names from places like Edmonton and Calgary.”

One individual she believes best represents the award is Elsie Yanik. Blake says all the work she did for the RMWB and the people living here would have put her on the top of the list.

Blake will be a part of the council until 2020.

Nominations are open until Feburary 15.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News