Fort McMurray Woman Looks To Become Miss Alberta 2018

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Fort McMurray Woman Looks To Become Miss Alberta 2018

After applying for Miss World Canada back in November, 19-year-old Victoria Helle has officially made the cut.

The Fort McMurray native applied to compete in the beauty pageant back in November of last year.

After a rigorous application process – she found out in February that she’d made the competition – and now will take on some of the top candidates in the province.

Helle tells Fort McMurray News her goal is to bring the title to Fort McMurray.

“I’m hoping to make an impression on younger peers to follow their dreams. Because anything can happen. Like for myself, I wasn’t expecting this to happen. I just want to be able to bring people self-confidence and get them to follow their dream.”

Helle also points out without the help of certain local businesses, her bid to make the competition might not have been as likely.

She credits ‘Timeless Bridal Boutique’ and ‘Drop Dead Darlings Clothing Boutique’ for their help with the designs of some of her outfits for the competition.

Helle adds that making the competition alone was definitely unexpected.

“I was surprised and completely shocked,” she said. “I immediately called my family because I know they’re my number one supporters and they really were hoping I got the spot. I let them know before anybody else.”

The 19-year-old will compete for Miss Alberta in Calgary, on March 17.

The last time an Albertan won Miss World Canada was back in 2011.

Meanwhile, Miss World Canada takes place in August, in Toronto.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News