Get To Know Your Ward 4 Candidates

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Get To Know Your Ward 4 Candidates

ImageJane Stroud is seeking her third term as Ward 4 Councillor.

Stroud was first elected to represent the residents of Anzac, Gregoire Lake Estates, Janvier, and Conklin in 2010. In the 2013 election, she grabbed the majority of the votes beating out two other opponents. In this election, the incumbent is up against small business owner Kevin Tremblay.

In an effort to help you learn more about your Ward 4 candidates, we sent them a short questionnaire focusing on their ideas and ways to better not only their Ward but the entire region.

The same five questions were sent to both candidates. The answer we received prior to our deadline is posted below.

Jane Stroud

Tell us a bit about yourself?[URL=http://media.socastsrm.com/wordpress/wp-content/blogs.dir/348/files/2017/09/Councillor-Jane-Stroud.jpg]Image

I was born and raised in the Municipality of Wood Buffalo. I have two children who were also raised in the region. My daughter came back for a visit this spring and got engaged in her hometown. I am a grandmother and I really enjoy golfing.

Why do you feel you're the best person to represent your Ward?

I believe I am the best person to represent Ward 4 as I work very hard to be a voice for the hamlets. I have experience as I have been the Ward representative for the last two terms advocating for the four hamlets that I represent. I listen to the concerns of the residents and do my best to follow up on each one. Living in the rural for the last eighteen years and listening to the resident, I am aware of the need to make the communities sustainable and healthy. I am very thankful for the support I receive from residents, local community groups and the rural coalition. I want this vital interaction to continue as I seek my re-election. In my last term funding was put in the budget for construction of piped water and sewer, which is happening right now. We have fire safety services, recreation and health and wellness facilities being constructed. I want to ensure that these projects are completed. I believe I have the support that I need to be an effective and influential Councillor and I will continue to raise concerns and work towards achieving the results that residents of Ward 4 deserve.

What are your top three priorities?

Piped Water and Sewer
    Anzac Firehall/Fire Safety Services
    Conklin Multi-plex
What makes the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo special to you?

It is home. I am familiar with the river systems, and really enjoy the scenery. My grandmother came here in 1921 and had one of the early homesteads. My father was raised here as was his family. Dad was a member on both the School Board and Council for many years. I am fortunate to see in books on Fort McMurray that my family was part of creating, building, and contributing to the area. My father had many friends. One friend decided to name of his developments in my family name which is Stroud Bay.

What is your favourite book/movie/song?

I don’t have specific one’s. My favorite books are mystery (Mary Higgins Clark), whodunit tv series (Law and Order) and country music.

Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News