Here’s How Jack Could Have Survived

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Here’s How Jack Could Have Survived

I mean personally, I don’t really care about the ending of the Titanic, it made for a good movie, but apparently it’s a controversial topic, as many fans believe that both Rose and Jack could have fit on that wooden door. Science enthusiast and hopeless romantic, Neil deGrasse Tyson is now saying how Jack could have survived the freezing cold water!

He is less concerned with the technicality of Jack fitting on the door, its more with Jack’s tenacity. According to The Huffington Post, he shared strong words about Jack’s survival instinct.

“Whether or not he could've been successful, I would've tried more than once,” he said. “You try once. 'Oh, this is not gonna work. I will just freeze to death in the water.' No, excuse me. No! The survival instinct is way stronger than that in everybody, especially in that character. He's a survivor, right? He gets through. He gets by,” also saying “I'll tell you this, if that character was Matt Damon from 'The Martian,' he would've made an outboard motor and saved everybody. This is how science can help you!"

I mean sure, but the movie wouldn’t have gotten the reaction if Jack lived right….

To brighten your mood, here’s a video of Kiki Palmer complaining about that scene!

Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News