LGBTQmunity going ahead with Pride at the Pub Version 2

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

LGBTQmunity going ahead with Pride at the Pub Version 2

Fort McMurray's LGBTQmunity is going back to the pub where a controversial incident launched the group into local headlines.

It's hosting Pride at the Pub Version 2 at Bailey's downtown.

The had their first event at the same venue last July, when someone stole a pair of pride flags and allegedly burned them in the parking lot.

Wood Buffalo RCMP were called to the scene to investigate the alleged hate crime.

Board President Sheldon Parsons says members of his group are just like everyone else.

"There's no point in, you know, trying to tear people down for who they are, and you know, push for inequality, or anything like that. We just want to be treated equal, and want to have fun like everybody else, and want to go about our lives like everybody else, so that's all it really is, and as long as people understand that, there shouldn't be any issue," says Parsons.

Parsons says after the incident, the group organized a series of information sessions for the public, on what it means to identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered.

Parsons says they're not anticipating a repeat of last year's negative activity at this event

"If a flag is the worse thing that's going to happen, burn the flag. And if it really means that much to you to do something like that, but honestly, I don't worry about it. I figure, everything's there, people do crazy things, and we're not going to let it stop us being who we are. So we're just going to hold our event and hope for the best," says Parsons.

All are welcome to attend Pride at the Pub, April 4th at Bailey's, starting at 9 p.m.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: LGBTQmunity going ahead with Pride at the Pub Version 2

Unread postby looking » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 am

We should have a NORMAL PERSON parade the same day!!!!
looking

Unread postby Duffer » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:11 pm

looking wrote:We should have a NORMAL PERSON parade the same day!!!!

Define "NORMAL".
Duffer

Unread postby snowboarder1019 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:07 pm

I'd like to know what normal is too, white? Thin? Straight? Everyone is unique and no one is "normal".
snowboarder1019

Unread postby MacDaddy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:13 am

+/- 1 Standard Deviation on a Gaussian curve of a given population is usually "normal". although to score a population on sexuality this way you would have to accept there is a degree of hetero/homosexuality for each person. I think that many, if not most, of the homophobes out there have close to a 50/50 mix. Their intolerance is just a reflection of their sexual confusion because they liked checking their buddies out in the locker room after gym class.
MacDaddy

Unread postby looking » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Well it starts at the old story about the birds and the bees....if you really need a reminder then our society has really gone to the shits, I aint scared of homos so no need to call me a homophobia, but it is WRONG in so many ways...and homo is a choice..a very wrong choice..
looking

Unread postby Yossarian » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:13 pm

looking wrote:Well it starts at the old story about the birds and the bees....if you really need a reminder then our society has really gone to the shits, I aint scared of homos so no need to call me a homophobia, but it is WRONG in so many ways...and homo is a choice..a very wrong choice..

Now I personally believe that a lot of people flop over for the Homosexual agenda and that celebrating your sexuality, regardless of what it is, is idiotic. However to suggest it's a choice (for most people) has got to be one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. Why would people subject themselves to the ridicule, difficulty and potential death over a "choice"? I went to school with a kid and in grade 1 we all knew he was gay. It wasn't a choice, it was how he was. And if you think being gay is a choice then you Looking could, if you decided to, get a rager while watching a couple of sweaty guys go at it. So much so that you'd decided to join in. As it's an active choice you can make :o
Yossarian

Unread postby MacDaddy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:20 am

looking wrote:Well it starts at the old story about the birds and the bees....if you really need a reminder then our society has really gone to the shits, I aint scared of homos so no need to call me a homophobia, but it is WRONG in so many ways...and homo is a choice..a very wrong choice..

Ah yes, the old "sex only for the purpose of reproduction" postulate. If this is your reasoning for your anxiety over who is doing who in the bedroom I guess you find several other things "WRONG in so many ways". These would include contraception, oral/anal sex, masturbation and even good old Vatican roulette. For those who don't understand this position here is a song that helps explain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

We can not deny that we must look to the animal kingdom for guidance on determining what is moral or amoral behaviour in humans. Mother nature should our moral compass in making these decision. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexua ... in_animals
MacDaddy

Unread postby looking » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:01 am

You ask why they would choose ridicule, abuse and so on?,...it's lust pure and simple, why would a married person choose to have an affair and chance all they have built with other half?? Why do people murder? Choices, being born gay is about the stupidest answer I've ever heard of..why do people pick certain religions knowing it could mean death in some country's ?
looking

Unread postby Yossarian » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:52 pm

looking wrote:You ask why they would choose ridicule, abuse and so on?,...it's lust pure and simple, why would a married person choose to have an affair and chance all they have built with other half?? Why do people murder? Choices, being born gay is about the stupidest answer I've ever heard of..why do people pick certain religions knowing it could mean death in some country's ?

So you can see yourself enjoying sex with other men, but you choose not to. Ok, good for you, not my thing, but to each his own. Now that you've come out of the closet online will you be attending the Pride Pud to do it officially?
Yossarian

Next

Return to Fort McMurray News