Monarchs Vandalize Vandals, Remain Undefeated

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Monarchs Vandalize Vandals, Remain Undefeated

Another game – another shutout victory for the Fort McMurray Monarchs.

For the fourth straight game – the Monarchs shutout their opponents in a 55-0 drubbing of the Lloydminster Vandals – to keep their unbeaten 7-and-0 record intact.

Head Coach Jesse Maddox tells Fort McMurray News the shutout streak has been the result of mismatches caused by their strong defence.

“You’re playing teams that aren’t ready, they don’t have the guys ready. At the end of the day, you still got to take care of business. You still have responsibilities, you still got to tackle. So, while we took care of business, but I would say aside from Red Deer – we really have not played an offence that’s been able to handle us.”

Maddox adds it was a good all-around effort from his team.

Now, the Monarchs shift their focus to a possible AFL Championship preview against the Central Alberta Buccaneers.

“I am expecting that game to be tight,” Maddox said. “This’ll probably be our only game of the season where there’s a team that can play at our level and at our calibre. So, I would expect them to at least score. I hope not but at the end of the day, being realistic; they’ve got some really good players on that team.”

The Monarchs now shift their focus to the Central Alberta Buccaneers (6-1) in a possible AFL championship preview on August 11.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News