New art installment unveiled at Fort McMurray International Airport

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

New art installment unveiled at Fort McMurray International Airport

The Fort McMurray International Airport is unveiling their 4th art installment in their art program today.

The piece is called Lasting Impression and is by local artist Lucas Seaward.

Seaward says his paintings are done with the use of bitumen and typically capture the use of global industrialization.

"I think we all have our own stories as individuals and for an artist particularily using bitumen I think that there is a vast story for Fort McMurray and I'm just touching the surface of it in regards to my approach," says Seaward.

Seaward says this piece represents permanence and symbolizes the airport making a lasting and positive impression on the community.

"The usage of the bitumen I try to merge as much of the story that's being told as humanly possible and I do that through pictograms through small silhouettes of imagry that when brought together cohesively tell a much broader story then just the surface that a lot of people might see at first glance," says Seaward.

This is Seawards second piece in the art program. His first piece Sky Explorer is located in the airports boardroom.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News