Nicole Bourque-Bouchier Named ‘2018 Indspire Award’ Recipient

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Nicole Bourque-Bouchier Named ‘2018 Indspire Award’ Recipient

After being named one of Alberta’s 50 Most Influential People, along with being ranked among Canada’s 100 Most Powerful Women – Nicole Bourque-Bouchier continues to gain accolades.

The CEO of the Bouchier Group is one of 13 First Nations, Inuit and Metis individuals being recognized in the 2018 Indspire Awards in the category of Business and Commerce.

For the last 24 years, the awards have honoured Indigenous individuals who’ve made outstanding contributions to their communities in education and supports.

Bouchier tells Fort McMurray News as an Indigenous person, it means a lot for her and her husband Dave to be able to give back to her community.

“We’re lucky enough to live in a region, where our clients – being the oilsands companies, put an importance on working with Indigenous people and Dave and I are very lucky to be business owners in this particular economy and to have been able to participate in the community the way we have these past couple of years.”

Bouchier notes her family and colleagues as the reasons for her personal success.

“There’s just no two other ways I could do it if it weren’t for the support of my husband, David, my family, my parents and of course my team at work. They make me look good and help really put Bouchier on the map to where we are in the community so, I really have to thank them!”

Bouchier, along with 12 other recipients will be at the 2018 Indspire Awards Ceremony, which is to be held in Winnipeg next March.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News