Region’s Newest Catholic School Set For Open House

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Region’s Newest Catholic School Set For Open House

Elsie Yanik Catholic School opens this September but first, they want to show the community what the new school has to offer.

The school located in Parsons Creek – is hosting an open house with an opportunity to meet staff and show off the facility.

Principal Lou-Ann Demers Noble tells Fort McMurray News the open house is for anyone who wants to take a look at the new school.

“You can come in and see the beautiful facility that will be up and running by September. I will be there as well as some other district representatives. We look forward to seeing new faces and new families that will be joining us.”

The school, which is named after the late local Metis elder, opens in the fall but before then – they want to get to know all the students and parents who are thinking of attending.

Demers Noble says being the school’s inaugural Principal is an absolute honour.

“Elsie Yanik was a very respected Metis elder and I’m a Metis girl myself and a local girl. I’m very proud to be able to represent her well.”

The open house takes place this Tuesday and Wednesday, running from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News