Rural Service Delivery Review pleases rural members

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

Rural Service Delivery Review pleases rural members

"Long time coming" was perhaps the most used phrase at Municipal Council last night, as The Rural Service Delivery Review got the stamp of approval.
The review was formally requested in 2008, however many have been saying this should have been in the works since amalgamation in 1995.
General Manager of Strategic Initiative Marcel Ulliac explained the delays to Fort McMurray News.
"Industrial development took off once again in 1997, and a lot of the focus ended up being on the urban service area; the most immediately impacted area because of the developments occuring," he said.
"Regrettably, it would appear that the rural area got held and left (out)."
The review has prioritized work to be done in rural communities in the municipality.
Meanwhile, there was one member of council that was especially happy with the Rural Service Delivery Review.
Councillor Gordon Janvier represents Ward 4 which includes Anzac, Conklin, Gregoire Lake, Janvier and Mariana Lake.
He says he is excited, and he's not the only one.
"I think the document that was presented in front of us tonight is very important," Janvier said.
"I'm very excited, and I'm pretty sure that the rural community members will be excited to hear this too."
Janvier hopes council can begin implementing some of the proposed work soon.
Fort McMurray News

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News