Tuesdays Netflix Binge: Riverdale

Latest Fort McMurray News, find out what's happening in Fort Mac

I was so sure I would hate this show but from the beginning of episode 1, I was enthralled. I can’t stop watching it.

I won’t lie to you; the concept is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. It’s Archie and friends put in a teen drama setting with sex, murder, and devious plots. You may be thinking “but Tyler! Archie and friends is supposed to be light-hearted fun for kids!” You may be right. That said, this Archie comic actually exists. So is it really only for kids?

ImageI’m not messing with you. This is a real official comic from the makers of Archie.

Aside from the ridiculousness that is the concept of this show the acting, the story and the general feel of it is A++. Much like an actual Archie comic Archie isn’t always the main character and depending on the placement in the episode every character has a shot in the spotlight. The main overarching plotline is about the murder of Jason Blossom following Betty and Jughead in their search for the killer.

ImageJughead manages to wear that dumb hat and still be one of my favourite characters for his realism and seriousness. What’s even happening to the world?

I can’t lie. I am in love with this show and I will recommend it to anyone who will listen to me. I rate it 9.8/10 on the Tyler Scale.

Here’s the trailer!

Fort McMurray News

Sponsors

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Fort McMurray News