How many people would like to see OPA! here in Fort Mcmurray?

What's happening in Fort McMurray Forum

How many people would like to see OPA! here in Fort Mcmurray?

OPA! Greek Restaurent.
How many people would like to see OPA! here in Fort Mcmurray? Please comment. Thank you.

http://www.opasouvlaki.ca/
Hb1973

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: How many people would like to see OPA! here in Fort Mcmurray?

Unread postby MacDaddy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Another franchise restaurant? Yawn, not really. I wold rather see some independent operations run by real chefs with real talent. We have more than enough locations where trained monkeys heat up processed yuck from headquarters.
MacDaddy

Unread postby Tropics » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:27 am

MacDaddy wrote:Another franchise restaurant? Yawn, not really. I wold rather see some independent operations run by real chefs with real talent. We have more than enough locations where trained monkeys heat up processed yuck from headquarters.

Have you ever eaten at an Opa?

What you describe is nothing like what they offer.

I most definitely would like an Opa here in town. It would do excellent in the new development in Eagle Ridge where the new Save On is going. A location downtown would also do phenomenally well during the lunch rush.
Tropics

Unread postby MacDaddy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:53 am

I have not eaten at one but looked at the website. I see a big ad for a "battle for Olympus card game and mine-taur meal. Franchise opportunities are just as important as their menu if you look at their home page. I would like to see a good Greek restaurant in town, not an upscale McDonald's being run by an investor rather than a talented chef Unfortunately for me this kind of place doesn't cut it after you have dined on a patio looking over the Aegean sea.
MacDaddy

Unread postby irishroots » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:14 pm

MacDaddy you seem to be very knowledge of the ways of Fort Murray like many people men and women who wish to go "WEST MY MAN/WOMEN" I am hoping you can give a girl some advise. I have been trying to find or chat with some women that work in fort but also the camps. I many many years of office admin work not that means anything to you, but I have also been looking for places to stay live and most of the ads on Kijiji want males only for roommates what's up with that, can't we just get along!!! is there a specific website forum for women room mates, housing??? If you could please give a girl some wise advise please do so as it would be greatly appreciated or better yet if there are any women that see this post I would of course prefer to hear from them personally. thank you in advance.
irishroots

Unread postby Tropics » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:59 pm

MacDaddy wrote:Unfortunately for me this kind of place doesn't cut it after you have dined on a patio looking over the Aegean sea.

If that is the stick you are going to measure things by then you might as well go back there because nothing anyone could ever build here is going to recreate "that" experience in Fort McMurray. The chef who cooked that meal himself could move here and it would still suck by comparison.
Tropics

Unread postby MacDaddy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:10 am

irishroots wrote:MacDaddy you seem to be very knowledge of the ways of Fort Murray like many people men and women who wish to go "WEST MY MAN/WOMEN" I am hoping you can give a girl some advise. I have been trying to find or chat with some women that work in fort but also the camps. I many many years of office admin work not that means anything to you, but I have also been looking for places to stay live and most of the ads on Kijiji want males only for roommates what's up with that, can't we just get along!!! is there a specific website forum for women room mates, housing??? If you could please give a girl some wise advise please do so as it would be greatly appreciated or better yet if there are any women that see this post I would of course prefer to hear from them personally. thank you in advance.

I know there are ladies who read this forum. How about starting a new post asking those specific questions? If you are thinking camp positions are the way to go, they also usually include a flight to Edmonton or Calgary. I would look to these cities for places to stay instead. to be blunt, I don't know if you will enjoy renting with what you can afford on an admin's salary in this town.

Don't downplay the role of an office admin position. A good one is worth their weight in gold and during my earlier pre-consultant days I was blessed with a couple of great ones.
MacDaddy

Return to Fort McMurray General Discussion