jaywalking

What's happening in Fort McMurray Forum

jaywalking

I have been driving through town a lot lately. Especilly by the provincial building on Franklin at quitting time. Two ladies today almost got smoked because they decided they don't have to walk down to the lights to cross the street. And they just assumed the drivers were going to stop for them. I was stopped by they didn't see the car drive up beside me and walked out in front of it . Ladies and Gents obey the law use the crosswalk. It can get congested in that area anyway with people backing out never mind people sneaking between stopped cars to get to their cars across the street.
JayP4321

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: jaywalking

Unread postby snowboarder1019 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:39 pm

You can't have a conversation about jaywalking without bringing up ruthless drivers who won't obey the rules of the road. If you have ever walked around town you will quickly realise trucks believe they are first priority, when (at designated areas) they are not. Two examples are when the lights at the Thickwood Dollar Store intersection were out and the lights were flashing yellow, no drivers stopped for pedestrians until they jumped out and even then alll drivers did was honk and give them the bird. Second is the crosswalk coming downtown, from the underpass, that is one of the most dangerous for a non controlled pedestrian walk you have vehicles flying by and rarely will one stop. I even recall a man getting stuck at this crosswalk and having to go to the hospital in winter.
snowboarder1019

Unread postby Petrossr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:12 pm

So today (Friday) I'm going south on Franklin and up ahead at Riedel, crossing against the light was someone pushing a shopping cart full of recycles. Yup, traffic had a green light and he was crossing 4 lanes of traffic.
Petrossr

Unread postby Yossarian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:44 pm

Petrossr wrote:So today (Friday) I'm going south on Franklin and up ahead at Riedel, crossing against the light was someone pushing a shopping cart full of recycles. Yup, traffic had a green light and he was crossing 4 lanes of traffic.

Well those cans aren't going to magically go to the bottle deposit and turn themselves into cheap booze and drugs all by themselves now are they? :roll:
Yossarian

Unread postby MacDaddy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:30 am

I am surprised that one of these bottle people can actually get off his duff and go collecting. I though they just say by the bottle depot downtown and waited for people to donate empties to support their addictions.
MacDaddy

Return to Fort McMurray General Discussion