Peter Pond Mall new hours

What's happening in Fort McMurray Forum

Re: Peter Pond Mall new hours

Iambbme wrote:Rumour has it that the old sport check location could be a golftown.

Old sportchek location will be some sort of a Canadian Tire Home/Garden centre I believe
New sport chek location should open mid/late november if no delays.......from what I hear, much bigger assortment of products including a dedicated outdoor apparel department with outerwear from brands like ski-doo, UA Hunting collection etc.
skiiipi

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Unread postby MacDaddy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:25 am

From what I hear it will be just a bigger version of the same store I will not shop at. I usually end up purchasing from MEC when it comes to outdoor clothing and gear.
MacDaddy

Unread postby skiiipi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 am

MacDaddy wrote:From what I hear it will be just a bigger version of the same store I will not shop at. I usually end up purchasing from MEC when it comes to outdoor clothing and gear.

oh, how come? I just moved here from BC, and Sport Chek was one of my favorite stores to shop at, especially the one at Metrotown......
i hope the fort mac store will have the same selection of products.
skiiipi

Unread postby Blueman186 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Don't bet on it, they have a long history here not have popular sizes and style in stock. Takes forever to order things in if they actually order them.
Blueman186

Unread postby Blueman186 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:05 pm

skiiipi wrote:
Iambbme wrote:Rumour has it that the old sport check location could be a golftown.

Old sportchek location will be some sort of a Canadian Tire Home/Garden centre I believe
New sport chek location should open mid/late november if no delays.......from what I hear, much bigger assortment of products including a dedicated outdoor apparel department with outerwear from brands like ski-doo, UA Hunting collection etc.

So they are going to close down Atmosphere at the other end to carry outdoor apparel? They are both owned by the same parent company
http://www.fglsports.com/faqs.aspx
Blueman186

Unread postby MacDaddy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:45 pm

They think everybody in Fort McMurray are fools in need of being separated from their money. They will keep both stores running and arrange for "price wars" between competing stores. Next they will try resurrecting an old thread from five months ago about the mall and try to turn it into free advertising for the store...... oh, hang on a sec.....
MacDaddy

Unread postby StillWill » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:18 am

Haven't been to the mall in awhile. But apparently we have an HMV.

http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/2013/10/03/hmv-opens-in-peter-pond-mall
StillWill

Unread postby snowboarder1019 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:23 pm

The old Sport Chek store is is a "Canadian Tire Clearance", it was originally supposed to be their outdoor garden/patio selection. It's all owned by the Canadian Tire Corporationhttp://corp.canadiantire.ca/EN/INVESTORS/CORPORATEINFO/Pages/default.aspx ; the Canadian Tire, new Marks, old Marks, Old Sport Chek, new Sport Chek and Atmosphere. It's a strategic placement because they invest in prime land locations, a lot of its wealth is in real estate.
snowboarder1019

Previous

Return to Fort McMurray General Discussion