Poor taxi drivers

What's happening in Fort McMurray Forum

Poor taxi drivers

Everyone on this forum has been really unfair to the poor taxi drivers.
The reason they fight so hard to stop higher licensing fees and to stop lower meter rates is they are really poor.
This taxi driver, whom I spotted in the Wal Mart parking lot, is not even able to afford windows!
How can they afford new taxi inspections?

United Class Cab Taxi Fort McMurray.jpg

End of sarcasm.
I'm not sure if he was operating a cab and trying to pick up passengers or was just using the car for his own personal business.
Still in this weather driving without 2 windows is dangerous. Also taking up 2 spots in parking lot near the entrance is not cool.
Get your latest Fort McMurray News
mcmurrian
Site Admin

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Poor taxi drivers

Unread postby MacDaddy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:11 am

Didn't you get the memo? To prevent the last threatened strike cabbies are now offically allowed to ignore the highway traffic act as well as generally drive as a self centred jerk.

The window removal is probably the latest measure to mitigate eye watering body odour off gassing from the drivers.
MacDaddy

Unread postby BoredInFortMac » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:56 pm

What makes you think the cost for new windows is coming out of the taxi drivers pocket? If they're operating this vehicle as a taxi/business, they need to have insurance coverage for such an event; so worse case scenario someone is subject to the deductible for the repair. If not, I'd really be questioning my ride in a taxi cab if it's not adequately insured!
BoredInFortMac

Unread postby MacDaddy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 am

Well, <snicker> that is true. You would never see one of the cab drivers in this town break the rules. BUWA HA HA HA HA!
MacDaddy

Return to Fort McMurray General Discussion