10%
Complain
20%
Buy elsewhere
70%

Total votes : 10

Cc

[code][/code]
Last edited by Misterbill on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misterbill

Cc

Sponsors

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Greed in ft.mc

Unread postby swaheeley » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Mr. Bill I totally agree with your post. I buy all my big ticket items down south. Its a pity that I have to drive 4.5 hours to Edmonton to do this. And by reading a lot online, I see that 70 percent of people living in Fort Mac do this. You get the usual..."Oh I've been raised here and backing up my city and will not leave to shop out of Mac" , but you have to if you want a reasonable rate for stuff you purchase. I even went to Walmart one day to buy a vacuum cleaner and scanned it. It was for $65 and when it scanned it, there was a problem with it. So the walmart attendant came up and told me, well this is wrong. That's the Edmonton price. I said...WHAT??? He told me, well they jack up the prices for Fort Mac. Well I told him....you can take your vacuum back. I'll order the same one online for $50.00 with free shipping. Thanks and have a good day!

Happy Local Shopping Fort Mac Suckers!!
swaheeley

Unread postby Misterbill » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:19 pm

I recommend using an ap like gas buddy.com. Extra foods just lowered their pump price to $1.16 where as others are still at $1.29. Just because ya make good money in mc doesn't mean ya got to give it away o those greedy #*%#|!s! Take a trip south for Xmas shopping, an suv at most $60 one way, $48 return, go figure, and easily a whopping 40% off your big ticket items, it's a no brainer. Save your $ for u.
Misterbill

Unread postby MacDaddy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:43 am

My rule is I only shop in town if it will cost more to have it shipped to my front door. I won't drive to Edmonton just for shopping but if I am there I'll pick up what I need. I can accept a McMurray factor in the price but draw the line at some of the ridiculous prices here, particularly when it is usually low quality garbage. I have no use for these predatory individual who smell money and come to town to grab as much cash as they can. I blame much of this on the commercial property owners who keep raising rents squeeze every penny they can from this town. At some point most people will choose to go the work camp route and choose the fly in/out lifestyle as the lesser evil.
MacDaddy

Unread postby icu » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:44 am

Just filled up at Safeway downtown @ $1.18/L but got a 5 cent discount after buying groceries, so $1.13/L. You are right, can't believe some stations are still at $1.30 here. 20 years ago, the spread between here and Edmonton, etc was usually 3-5 cents, now it is, like you say, up to 30 cents.
icu

Unread postby MacDaddy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:21 am

I imagine with all those monster trucks chugging back the fuel like a frat boy at a kegger there is little need to compete for customers.
MacDaddy

Unread postby Yossarian » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:55 am

Most of the 1.30 places take fleet cards for the petrol.
Yossarian

Unread postby MacDaddy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Or is it a company fleet card with the driver's personal loyalty card?
MacDaddy

Re: Cc

Unread postby Tropics » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:57 pm

My dad shopped at Safeway in Calgary, got a coupon for $0.20/l off of his gas. Price at the pumps was 84.4 cents per a liter and this made normal grade 64.4 cents per a liter. He splurged and got mid grade and filled a Avalanche up from very empty for about $70... 100 liter tank.

The prices for fuel up here are still bonkers.
Tropics

Return to Fort McMurray General Discussion