What's happening in Fort McMurray Forum

Last edited by Misterbill on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Misterbill

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Local dealership abandons us

Unread postby MacDaddy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Cut your losses and either scrap the car or get a used transmission from a wreckers put in (if from a wreck make sure it wasn't hit from the front or back). You are going to be fighting an insurance company and a car dealership. Unless you kept the old torque converter and can show it wasn't faulty you know they will say another part broke after the coverage. Insurance companies get rich by saying no.
MacDaddy

Re

Unread postby Misterbill » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Lo
Last edited by Misterbill on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Misterbill

Re: Local stealership abandons us

Unread postby MacDaddy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:12 am

If you still have the paperwork for the extended warranty coverage showing 190K I would be looking for a refund at the very least. Sadly, the dealership probably doesn't care unless you buy a hundred plus white F150s at a time.
MacDaddy

Unread postby icu » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:35 am

Well, here is a link to the Ford Canada ESP info brochure. For a used vehicle bought with mileage of 79,000km, you can buy an ESP of 3 years/60,000km, which would give you up to 3 years or 139,000km whichever comes first. You can also buy up to 5 years/100,000km on that same vehicle, so on a 79,000km one, you would get up to 179,000km or 5 years, whichever comes first of course. Nothing about not covering vehicles over 100,000km, so not sure where the local dealer came up with that.

http://www.ford.ca/resources/ford/general/pdf/service/ESP_4PlanBrochure_E.pdf

Guess you also need to know which ESP you purchased - Premium Care, Extra Care, Base Care or Powertrain Care. Here is a link - just click on each component to see what is covered under each plan.
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/ESPWizardStep1

We chose to go to Sherwood Park to buy a Ford truck a few years ago and go there to get all our servicing done.
icu

R

Unread postby Misterbill » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Lo
Last edited by Misterbill on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Misterbill

Unread postby MacDaddy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:22 am

Misterbill wrote: Ford Canada emailed me saying they have "no records" of me having an ESP? I have replied asking if their records match my purchase of 36/60000 or not?

Someone thinking they can pocket the insurance fee locally and then deny claims with a blizzard of BS?
MacDaddy

Unread postby Yossarian » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 am

I've not been impressed with their service people at all either. Took my car in because of a sound I could hear coming out of the backend (started just after warranty ended like is always the way). hey charged me $200 to diagnose the problem then estimated $1500 to fix it. I called a garage in Edmonton that I'd used before and they said they could do that for $550. So I took it to them. Their mechanic wanted to do his own diagnostic but I showed him the one the dealer did and he agreed to go by it even though upon hearing the noise he was sure the problem was something else entirely. Well an hour later the mechanic calls me to say the part Ford said was the issue was in perfect condition. He finished the repair though and on testing the car there was no change. So I had him fix what he thought the issue was and problem solved for another $350. So I had that mechanic write what he found and give me the part and went back to Ford for answers. Nobody had one. I got run arounds. After a few weeks of complaining I finally got them to send me a check for the repair cost I paid in Edmonton and the faulty diagnostic. I told them to be happy I didn't have the work done in FM otherwise they would have owed me another grand.
Yossarian

Unread postby icu » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:50 pm

As I see it, you had an ESP (find it odd the Ford Canada does not have a record of your ESP - did the local dealer neglect to register it?) when you went in to the dealer regarding your initial problems. You were within the ESP warranty time frame. The dealer misdiagnosed the problem. You returned with the same problem after the ESP expired, but because it was the same issue you had presented within the ESP time frame, the dealer should honor the ESP. They failed to fix it the first time, they have a record of working on your vehicle during the ESP time frame. You weren't presenting with a different problem. Otherwise, they could do this to anyone who comes in with problems near the end of their ESP time frame. Just delay until it expires.

Ford should have a record of your ESP based on your vehicle's VIN. Even if not currently active, they should have a record. If not, I would be making some phone calls.
icu

R

Unread postby Misterbill » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Ok
Last edited by Misterbill on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Misterbill

Next

Return to Fort McMurray General Discussion