Vehicle storage and parking on greenbelt

What's happening in Fort McMurray Forum

Why has the municipality allowed parking and storage of cars, trucks, RV's, trailers and commercial vehicles on the greenbelt across from the 500 block of Beaconhill Drive for the past 7 months? The area was set aside for residential parking last year while street work was being done. That work was finished last September, yet bylaw has done nothing about removing all the vehicles being parked and stored there all winter and spring. I know bylaw officers have driven by there several times over the past few months. I've seen commercial vehicles using it for parking overnight. Since when is that allowed?

icu

Sponsors

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Vehicle storage and parking on greenbelt

Unread postby mcmurrian » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:43 am

I believe you have to report them to bylaw for officiers to come out. They will not do proactive enforcement.
Get your latest Fort McMurray News
mcmurrian
Site Admin

Unread postby icu » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:27 am

Phoned by-law. They said they don't know anything about it and won't do anything. Phoned Roads and Parks and Rec and waiting for a reponse from each.
icu

Unread postby MacDaddy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:03 am

Don't expect much if you phoned them. They will just deny getting your call. Email that includes copies to come council members works better, particularly when you keep forwarding your sent email to them as a friendly reminder every two weeks or so. Make sure to include Phil Meagher. He seems to be a big supporter of the green spaces and trail systems. http://www.woodbuffalo.ab.ca/Municipal- ... eagher.htm.

You will probably find one of those vehicles either belongs to a higher ranking municipal employee or one of their good friends.
MacDaddy

Unread postby icu » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:45 am

No call backs from Bylaw, Parks & Rec or Roads Dept. E-mailed all councillors for Ward 1 and the mayor's office. Mailed pics to Bylaw Services. Only positive, ie, forwarded my email to someone who apparently may follow up, was from Keith McGrath. Mayor's office replied they forwarded my concern to Bylaw and gave me contact info for Bylaw Services, which I of course already had as I stated in my e-mail that I had contacted them already.

I guess more Beaconhill residents need to do some phoning and emailing if we want to see our greenbelt/park area restored and not have it used as an RV and truck storage and parking lot. I guess I should go and take pics of the license plates on the vehicles parked to include in my next email.
icu

Return to Fort McMurray General Discussion