Another Haul Truck Op (Keyano) Post.

What is the best place to work in Fort McMurray? Share your experiences.

Another Haul Truck Op (Keyano) Post.

Hi. I'm from BC and I have been an insulator and spray foam applicator for the past seven years.

A friend who works for one of the big oil companies in Fort Mac suggested that I go to Keyano for the Haul Truck Operator Course. I called them and they said that the job is in high demand and that you basically get the job out of the course. Now, after reading this forum and a couple of the posts here, I am a little discouraged. I can get the money for the course and a couple thousand for the month of expenses, but after that I would be forced to find an insulating or labour job to pay rent until I can get hired for a job in that field that I would be educated in.

Knowing that, would you locals suggest I do this? I am a hard worker and the guy who works long hours so that isn't a problem.

I guess my two main questions are, is it really like a poster on this forum says with Keyano, where only a few people who take the course get a job? And if you don't, is it hard to get work to pass the time that will pay for that 1500 apartment and other bills until you finally get in?
Andrewbc

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Jobs