been awhile..

What is the best place to work in Fort McMurray? Share your experiences.

been awhile..

I haven't been on here in a while.. but I'm still planning to land there .. just seems like it might be later rather than sooner..
I just moved to Winnipeg from Ontario (half way there right?/ :) in order to take a government call center job. This should allow me to save up a few grand to make it the rest of the way to fort mac.

So.. my question now is... I know there's all of you guys out there driving the heavy trucks, carting the sand back and forth, and I know from a doc that there's people in a building somewhere nearby watching, "controlling" and otherwise telling the drivers when to move ect. I figure that's an example of something I could do, since I'm not getting anywhere with the scheduling or co-ordinating jobs. What are these positions called, does anyone know what kind of experience/education/certification you need for them, or any other useful info?? Much obliged!!

next question.. when does it finally seem to warm up out there, with all the snow gone? I figure I'm going to sit tight in Winterpeg and stash away my money, and if I havnt' found something before hand, I'll come out when the snows's gone again and it's getting warm.

Third question.. seems like I 'm on a postcard role lately, sending things back to Ontario. If anyone wants a postcard, send me a msg. Cheers!
(¯`·._.··¸.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.,-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸··._.·´¯)
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Hoping to join the FM Community! Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Linked in profile: [url]linkd.in/RVxR7A[/url]> Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Kydilee

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: been awhile..

Unread postby jango » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Hey welcome back! haven't seen you online for a while,
well unfortunately I have no info that could be of assistance, other than to try the temp agencies, before coming up.
plan well and take your time on the move.
jango

Re: been awhile..

Unread postby Kydilee » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks there Jango! How are you doing? LIfe all fun and exciting up there? It'll be interesting to see a Winnipeg winter.. I consider it my training wheels for fort mac ;)
(¯`·._.··¸.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.,-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸··._.·´¯)
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Hoping to join the FM Community! Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Linked in profile: [url]linkd.in/RVxR7A[/url]> Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Kydilee

Return to Jobs