Can someone give me pointers on becoming an indentured electrician in fort mac???

What is the best place to work in Fort McMurray? Share your experiences.

Can someone give me pointers on becoming an indentured electrician in fort mac???

I know that to excel in any trade you must start from the bottom either as a laborer/helper. I've been here in fort mac for 1 year and have been trying to get companies to hire me as as a laborer/helper, but no luck. I do work at CNRL for one of the contractors a a laborer (I recieve and inventory electrical parts) and have been trying "to get my foot in the door" but it seems like none of the companies i've come across are willing to give me an opportunity. I just signed up for the Pre-employment electrician course at SAIT and keep hearing that " the course is a complete waste of money" which has a bit of truth to it because if i can get someone to hire me, i can save 5000. I'm really stuck and need a bit of direction, can anybody out there help me??
gyimahc

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Can someone give me pointers on becoming an indentured electrician in fort mac???

Unread postby akouznet » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Try Guthrie Tools that`s Bay 1 350 MacAlpine Crescent. Across from Hertz. Leave a resume for Jerome and see what happens. Good luck
akouznet

Re: Can someone give me pointers on becoming an indentured electrician in fort mac???

Unread postby gyimahc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Thank you so much akouznet, I will definitely give that place a visit this afternoon.
gyimahc

Return to Jobs