Class 1 driver needs a job with camp

What is the best place to work in Fort McMurray? Share your experiences.

Class 1 driver needs a job with camp

Hi guys. I've been searching everywhere for work up in fort McMurray. 14/7 or 20/10 split.
I'm even willing to start from steaming and move myself up in the company in due time.
I came here for guidance. The rumour is that the oil sands are in desperate need of workers. If that's true, why am I not being hired?
Does anyone know of any companies that are hiring? I'm sick of wow jobs etc.. I don't even think those sites are legit anymore. I've sent over 400 resumes to various companies since June and I didn't even receive 1 reply...
Chief_Greco

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Class 1 driver needs a job with camp

Unread postby MacDaddy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Skilled workers, not bodies. A welder, mechanic, engineer etc would get a call back. A driver is a pretty unremarkable qualification.
MacDaddy

Re: Class 1 driver needs a job with camp

Unread postby Tropics » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:25 am

Chief_Greco wrote:The rumour is that the oil sands are in desperate need of workers. If that's true, why am I not being hired?

There are more and more foreign workers being hired up here instead of companies hiring Canadians. The companies themselves often put out rumors that they need all these people and cannot find anyone in Canada to hire but in reality people like you are more expensive then someone from Africa or the Middle East so they ignore the fact that you are sending resumes and send then to the shredder incase of an audit on their hiring practices and then some non Candadian gets hired at 1/2 to 2/3rds the wage a Canadian would make in that same job. This is becomming more and more of a common practice, the Canadian government knows this, the Alberta government knows this, and they are making it easier and easier for these companies to do this, at the expense of Canadian citizens becomming employed.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/E ... story.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/alberta-ch ... -1.1334255

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/10/10 ... 81204.html

See. You and the hudreds or thousands of unemployed Canadians out there don't actually exist, you are pesky illusions, just ask the companies up here or your own government. So unfortunately the poor oil sands companies are "forced" to hire cheaper labor abroad.

You don't like it? The only way this is going to change is if people like you start to actively publicize this issue and make the Canadian and Alberta government aware that they are actually breaking their own laws of protecting their own citizens and ensuring that qualified Canadians get a job and that companies perform considerable due diligence in trying to find a Canadian to fill a position BEFORE a foreign worker is even considered. That is simply not happening at this time, at all. The oil sand companies have foreign worker staffing solutions on speed dial up here.
Tropics

Return to Jobs