Level of difficulty for Amercian to work in Alberta.

Thinking about visiting or moving to Fort McMurray? Ask the people who live here your questions.

Level of difficulty for Amercian to work in Alberta.

Could someone please indicate to me exactly what credentials I need to have from the Canadian Government, or Specifically from Alterta, to work way all the way up North in this god-forsaken place called Fort McMurray? Is a standard U.S. Passport good enough, or do I need to get a special work visa or work permit from the Canadian government? I am rather naive about this, and never have worked anywhere in Canada in my life, let alone crossed the border. Perhaps is it easier for the Spanish-speaking Aztec Indians aka "Mexicans" to just schlep across your border and slide all the way up to there and start working in Fort McMurray? I am looking into making insane amounts of cash, but do not have any tattoos, no criminal record, and I even have my own writing utensil on me at all times. Am I viable to some employer up there in the good ole' oil sands? My English is perfect, and I love to eat lots of Vareniky and Red borscht, but drink only socially. Please....let me know if someone such as myself " still well within the work force age" can make a living and get in up there.
ukrainianstyle

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Level of difficulty for Amercian to work in Alberta.

Unread postby BCGirl » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:34 pm

It'd be really hard for you.............. Really hard! You need to get lots of tattoos, bad ones, learn to drink and do lots of drugs. Make sure you get a criminal record, then just maybe the Albertan government will let you work in our "god forsaken" place.

:lol:
BCGirl

Unread postby palmseed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 am

You should just stay down there and ship up some of your famous Varenyky. We will pay you a fortune for a couple dozen of those.
palmseed

Unread postby mcmurrian » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:40 am

I've seen some good ukranian food in Sobeyes downtown. There was a whole freezer of different kinds of foods next to Canada Post
Get your latest Fort McMurray News
mcmurrian
Site Admin

Return to Newcomers