A little help??

Thinking about visiting or moving to Fort McMurray? Ask the people who live here your questions.

A little help??

Hi guys and gals,

I am wanting to move from Ontario to Fort Mac.

I am a 3rd year apprentice Carpenter UBC and have a few questions. Anyone know any companies hiring Carpenters? Usually the union sends guys out on jobs, is it the same up there or companies hiring directly? If the money is good union non union doesn't matter....
Any particular companies I should send a resume to?

Is there much work for Carpenters?

Also, would there be any work for a young lad.... fresh out of highschool, ready to take on a trade?

I am also a huge outdoors guy, hunting, fishing etc..... is there good hunting close by? deer, moose, bear etc?
what's the local fish and game club like? I am also an avid archer.

Thanks Bob
ontarioguy

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: A little help??

Unread postby MacDaddy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:32 pm

ontarioguy wrote:Hi guys and gals,

I am wanting to move from Ontario to Fort Mac.

I am a 3rd year apprentice Carpenter UBC and have a few questions. Anyone know any companies hiring Carpenters? Usually the union sends guys out on jobs, is it the same up there or companies hiring directly? If the money is good union non union doesn't matter....
Any particular companies I should send a resume to?

Is there much work for Carpenters?

Also, would there be any work for a young lad.... fresh out of highschool, ready to take on a trade?

I am also a huge outdoors guy, hunting, fishing etc..... is there good hunting close by? deer, moose, bear etc?
what's the local fish and game club like? I am also an avid archer.

Thanks Bob

1) http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=fort+mcmu ... enter+jobs

2) As for kids with a high school diploma, please send him right away. Since we are all too busy to reproduce there is a complete lack of children in this town.

3) I don't hunt but I understand bear hunting from your back porch is quite good once you bate them with your garbage.
MacDaddy

Return to Newcomers