Wanting to move for work

Thinking about visiting or moving to Fort McMurray? Ask the people who live here your questions.

Wanting to move for work

Hey guys,

I'm sure most of the active members on this site are sick of hearing guys wanting to make the pipeline cash, but I'll still give it a try.

I went to school to become a police officer, got my diploma in policing in 2012. I was working at a mill part time while in school but because of lay-offs I wasn't able to get full-time hours. Anyways I currently work at Shoppers Drug Mart in a shipping/receiving position.

In all honesty I do want to become a police officer, but realistically I have no hopes until I am in the later years of my 20s. I'm 21 right now. I am interested in the trades and have considered a career as either a truck and coach technician, millwright, or a heavy duty mechanic, unfortunately the jobs just aren't where I'm from.

Anyways I've been applying for entry level jobs for months and have gotten nowhere, curious if anybody has any tips for me. I am strongly considering making a road trip down there and applying for jobs in person. I was in contact with a guy online who swears by the rigs in Nisku, but again no success on my end.

I
CoryCo

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Return to Newcomers