Comfree

Forum about Fort McMurray real estate, hosing pricing and homeownership

Comfree

Anyone know anyone with good or bad experiences with Comfree in Fort McMurray? Any tips, hints or things to look out for?

Thanks
apurchase

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Re: Comfree

Unread postby mcmurrian » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:10 pm

I've bought through Comfree before. Make sure you hire a good lawyer and good inspector. I've hired one out of Edmonton which cost me about $1300, local ones want closer to 2k.
The forms were fairly simple.
I didn't run into any issues
Get your latest Fort McMurray News
mcmurrian
Site Admin

Unread postby jango » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:44 pm

I've seen comfree signs on houses for sale disappear faster than the bigger real estate agent listings in my area, that are there for months...
definitely the way to go.... :)
jango

Unread postby WoodBuffaloCycling » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Their okay if you want to be home all the time to let someone view your home, you will miss out on lots of buyers that are working with Real Realtors. Given the shift work schedules in Fort McMurray, a buyer may want to view your home when your at work, not an issue if you use a Realtor, the have an incupted lock box for access. Like everything in life you get what you pay for. Comfree you just pay upfront with no promise it will sell, plus you pay for all advertising on top. With a Realtor they only get paid when they sell your home.
WoodBuffaloCycling

Unread postby jango » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:18 pm

comparing the costs you do get what you pay for, comfree offers packages starting at $500-600 which include advertising and online listing, and MLS listing,
having sold my last two properties on my own, using Kijiji I'll lean on my side of not using a realtor, the commission % is what I don't feel comfortable paying for, when a lot of the ground work I can do for myself, .. which boils down to signing the purchase agreement and showing the house. Getting an idea of fair market value can easily be estimated by looking at MLS listings nearby and keeping track of what other properties go for in your area. I was even approached by agents representing potential buyers that I turned away because they asked for a commission.
If I list privately I am looking for buyers who don't have an agent, the response has been very interesting.

why should realtor fees be more than the legal fees? I always ask real estate agents this question and never get a clear cut answer that makes sense.

Some may feel comfortable giving a commission more than I do, not saying that is always the best way to go , but you get what you pay for and in my case the commission stayed in my bank account....
there is also no promise that a realtor can sell your place as well....
jango

Unread postby akouznet » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 pm

^^^^^ I support
akouznet

Unread postby apurchase » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks for your opinions.
apurchase

Return to Real Estate