What is the best area in Fort McMurray?

Forum about Fort McMurray real estate, hosing pricing and homeownership

Re: What is the best area in Fort McMurray?

I wouldn't say the outer appearance of the towers is the biggest issue with them.
rp1986

Sponsored links

Advertise in Fort McMurray

Unread postby betsi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 am

rp1986 wrote:I wouldn't say the outer appearance of the towers is the biggest issue with them.

I've never been inside. What type of issues to they have?
betsi

Unread postby roma » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Every area has pros and cons.
If you want new Timberlea/Eagle Ridge is your best bet, but it's not finished yet, so it's not yet established
Thickwood is well established, has large lots, but a bit older
The other areas Abasand/Beacon Hill are older, but you know your house will not sink.
Downtown has all the shops but it also has bums and establishments that attract hot shots, so you need to look careful at the neighbourghood.
roma

Unread postby rp1986 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:08 pm

betsi wrote:
rp1986 wrote:I wouldn't say the outer appearance of the towers is the biggest issue with them.

I've never been inside. What type of issues to they have?

Musings of many of the tenants, so rumours suggest.

Very ratty and worn down on the inside as well.
rp1986

Unread postby albrecht » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:48 pm

My name is Tom Albrecht and I am a REALTOR® with REMAX® here in Fort McMurray.

My favorite part of town is Wood Buffalo. There is one road in, one road out, beautiful homes and just past the beavers, an amazing golf-course down by the Athabasca.

I've also really enjoyed the tight-knit community of Abasand up on the hill over town. It is a really friendly part of town.

My own house back is next to North America's largest outdoor Gym in Thickwood, t is quiet and established.

Since this thread is designed to help new-commers I'd like to offer my site, which has introductions to every part of Fort McMurray: http://www.wbuff.com/fort-mcmurray

Welcome to town,
Tom Albrecht
Last edited by albrecht on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
albrecht

Unread postby BoredInFortMac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Timberlea is the best. And it's not as distant as everyone thinks it is and has everything you need in pinch. If not downtown is just a hop skip and jump away. For example, for me to get from downtown to my place which is on the NW side of Timberlea it only takes 15 minutes. Trips from my house to the Syncrude Sports and Wellness Centre is no more than 20 minutes UNLESS there's some unusual traffic delay.

Fort McMurray is general is tiny coming from a place like Winnipeg. To get from one side of the city to the other is a minimum of an hour and we don't have a freeway. Here, 20 minutes tops! One good thing about Fort McMurray is that traffic is minimal.
BoredInFortMac

Unread postby woodbuffalo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Call me biased but I do enjoy Thickwood. It just works for me. Wood Buffalo and Abasand would be second choices.
woodbuffalo

Unread postby Colourful » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:09 am

Eagle Ridge is Ethnically very thick, not saying that to be crude, just letting you know that specific cultural groups are migrating to that area. When the land was first being sold it was specifically reserved for CNRL employees, ...to get a better understanding just go for a walk in the area when school gets out.. i'm not prejudice by any means but I would like to share neighbors that I have things in common with... including morals, hygene, lawn care, that sorta thing..
Colourful

Unread postby Colourful » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 am

Also, to note, I have lived in Abasand, Thickwood, Timberlea, and finally settled in thickwood...some people don't mind the new construction areas and all the mud and traffic that comes with it... some people like the hustle and bustle of busy streets and don't mind meandering through the parked crowds, big yards, I mean where you live is realtive to what you want\
Colourful

Unread postby BCGirl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am

I'm in Thickwood, also been in Abasand. I love knowing that my basement hasn't leaking in the past 35 years, I'm not worried about it sinking or flooding with every rainfall. My yard is larger than most parks and the are walking trails at the end of my street.
BCGirl

PreviousNext

Return to Real Estate